Is your home ready for a facelift? Over time, even the trendiest look will become outdated and
stale. You know you want to make some changes, but aren’t sure how much to budget for the
changing you’d like to make. Before you decide how best to use your available funds, consider
the most common upgrades and the national average cost for each.
• Garage Door (2-door) – $3,500
• Deck Addition – $10,900
• Minor Kitchen Remodel – $21,250
• Major Kitchen Remodel – $40,000
• Window Replacement (vinyl) – $15,500
• Bathroom Remodel – $20,000
• Roof Replacement – $25,000
• Exterior Paint – $5,000
• Interior Paint – $2,750
• Front Door Replacement – $1,500
• New Pool Equipment – $5,000
Not every upgrade will bring a solid rate-of-return when you go to sell your home and if that’s
your goal, then you need to factor that into your estimates. Some of the best investments you
can make include kitchens and bathrooms, new garage doors and front door and fresh paint.
Each of these will bring in between 80-90% return-on-investment when you go to sell. While
this might not be a dollar-for-dollar return, an updated home will always sell faster and for a
higher sales price than its dated counterpart.